Skip to main content

Journey

I've defined and declared
Dreamed and despaired

I've blamed and defamed
Denied and decried

I've let myself loose on this journey so many years in planning unaware that my worst enemy was waiting just down the path to ambush me. Insidious and nearly insurmountable fear holds me in it's grip and numbs my sensation, blocks my inspiration. Fear is my comfort, companion, excuse; a reason to hide away and guarantee my outcome.

Why is failure by inaction comfortable? Why can I not see this when I need to, in the moment of suspended time when consequence is far removed from inaction? Time and successes will bring renewed direction and invigorate the creative process but it's so much harder with such a small support system to fall back on.

No one will be here for me so I must find it within myself to soldier on and succeed at all cost.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purposes of The Corporation revised

The "Purposes" of a not-for-profit corporation, in our case, The Sweetwater Creative Collective, is a legal statement of the way in which The Collective intends to fulfill its Mission. Our Mission is to help people share their abundance in order to ease suffering. None can deny that we exist within a latticework of suffering; homelessness, addiction and poverty surround us, we're experiencing a suicide and mental health pandemic. The suffering touches everyone in some way, this begs the question, how does one go about easing suffering? Before we're able to address any of these issues individually, we must first ask ourselves, what's the root cause of so much suffering? In a word, dysfunction. The level of suffering is increasing, dysfunctional families have become the norm, the mental health pandemic is fueling ubiquitous self-medication in all stratum of our socioeconomic paradigm. Dysfunction begets dysfunction, how do we fight an onslaught which comes from with...
It was a stranger who told me about you, the ways in which you help She said a lot that day, she made me think, she understood She knew she did, what’s in my head, maybe better than I. It moved me so, this stranger with the compassion for I, someone she’d only just met Someone she’d never met in reality yet could offer up advice so sage and true How ironic that she hid her puffy eyes and yet brought tears to mine. The more I learned the more drawn I felt By someone who seems to know me Know me so well and so instinctively The more I read the more I saw our pain was quite akin So here I am again, wondering and wandering Too many things to contemplate too many trains to catch It’s time to move on, forge a path for better or worse Stay true, head up and honest And time will tell what’s in the mirror Days pass by and scattered thoughts collect here It’s time to retreat and tend the wounded The future is in his hands and my strength is what he needs Gentle and active Understanding and learn...

Coming of Age

The whales at play they make big waves Dance with ease on clear blue seas 20 tonnes to pirouette Now that’s a sight you’ll not forget The wolf cubs wrestle growl and bite Instinct teaches life’s mean plight The young hunter’s time will come When sad destiny destroys his innocence And hunger reigns o’er his kingdom